Website Promotion Guide Latest Celebrity: I hate to behave like a salesman: Ranbir Kapoor

Saturday, October 2, 2010

I hate to behave like a salesman: Ranbir Kapoor




Ranbir Kapoor is making the most of the time at hand to promote the film. He, however, confesses that it's this part of his job that he hates. "After being an actor, I have to behave like a salesman. And I'm definitely not good at it, even on screen - I tried to be one in Rocket Singh-Salesman of the Year, but it didn't work and no one went to watch the film."


The actor - who established himself in the industry with romantic films  like Bachna Ae Haseeno and Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani - is back after a rather somber, albeit applauded, performance in Raajneeti. His character in Anjaana Anjaani, directed by Siddharth  Anand, he says, has hit rock bottom and wants to commit suicide. "When I go to a bridge to jump off it, I meet Priyanka, who is there for the same reason as me.

Together, we decide to live it up together for 20 days before we go our ways," he narrates the storyline. While the young lad believes that love is possible between strangers and can happen anywhere, he does agree that the story  is a tad implausible. "But the advantage of being an actor is that we get to take risks and do things which may not otherwise happen in real life," he clarifies.

Kapoor, however, admits that he isn't as impulsive in real life. "I'm a bit orthodox. I like to do things with certain amount of diligence and routine. Though I went to college in the US and have done many stupid things. Most of them include taking off on a backpacking trip suddenly or on a drive in the middle of the night with friends, at times just to make them happy," he recounts.

The actor adds that he regrets not having seen India. "Aamir Khan told me once that I should travel across India before I become an actor." Did Khan also give you a lesson in giving politically correct answers?





Your Ad Here

No comments:

Post a Comment