Website Promotion Guide Latest Celebrity: Mischa Barton Enjoys Indian Experience

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mischa Barton Enjoys Indian Experience




Actress Mischa Barton is embracing Eastern culture as she films a new movie in India – and has even learnt to play the sitar.

The O.C. star will appear alongside Martin Sheen in forthcoming movie “Bhopal: Prayer for Rain”, based upon a real-life industrial disaster.

And she is ingratiating herself with locals during filming – by experiencing new religions and enjoying traditional fare.

Barton writes on her website, “I’ve been having an amazing spiritual exploration visiting Hindu temples and learning about Buddhism, both beautiful religions. Hyderabad where we’re filming is a real inspiration in the fact that Christians, Muslims and Hindus all get along so harmoniously.

“I must admit I used to make fun of people who were all into yoga and chai tea thinking it was another ridiculous health fad. But now I’m that person! First of all Masala Chai tea, the traditional way with milk and sugar is delicious, and this is coming from a Brit who only likes my breakfast tea!”

But the actress is most pleased that she is picking up a .

She adds, “I must say my goal coming here was to learn to play the sitar and it’s coming along real slow as apparently it’s not that easy to procure a great sitar teacher here, I guess it’s not late 60′s with Ravi Shankar and George Harrison roaming around unfortunately.






Your Ad Here

2 comments: